The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, thank you for reading. i am back on the horse with my sump build. i have a 15 gal sump 21x10x18 (space constraint) using a eshopps pf 300 over flow, 2 baffles, and a rio 2100 return with a 4ft head using 3/4'' return line.

my question, my eshopps 300 has a 1 1/2" bulk head. do i need to maintain a 1 1/2" diameter for my overflow line? or can i reduce it to 3/4" line to match my return line? if i reduced it would that impact the gellon per hour out put. or would the out put of the return pump regulate the 300 gph rate? lots of questions thank you for your responce.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
the pf300 has a 1" line out of it... I think. I wouldnt use 3/4. I did blue pool hose.... Are you measuring the outside of the bulkhead?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i was measuring the out side if it.... is this not where you take the mesurments when knowing what size pipe or fittings you need? :/... so i could use anything that will fit it. and keep it the same diameter not go smaller? thanks for chiming in

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
the inside is 1". I threw a 1" pipe about 6" long amd glue it. Then put the rubber end of a pool hose on it. no glue needed for the rubber pc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great thanks i will find a hose that will match the diamiter. now dose the hose need to be above or below the water line in the sump?? thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts