The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
48 hours later and still no findings. Does ANYONE have ANY idea where you can find a ROUND pendant 250 watt HQI (it can be screw in for all I care) one hanging bracket (or wire) with an electronic ballast? As far as I am concerned, it is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Here are the specs again

250 watts
ROUND PENDANT
ONE HANGING WIRE
ELECTRONIC BALLAST
DOESNT MATTER WHAT KIND OF METAL HALIDE BULB

Also the hamilton one is out. That is a spotlight pendant.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ski1297 said:
Coralife has a 150w. I might have to go with you on impossible.
Exactly. I know about the 150, I own three of them. Thing is that most places recommend 5-8 watts per gallon of light. So what happens when my 160 acrylic shows up and I toss the 70? I have gone through every kind of MH light and only can stand the bellish shaped pendants with one handing wire or bracket.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Do you think that you could go with a different fixture? I just think you will have a very hard time finding one like that.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i am going with the PFO mini HQI 250 watt pendant and the PFO 250 watt electronic ballast now. I need more light for when my tank comes in. I am going to run two of the 10K's 150 watt until my bigger tank gets here - then I will hang all three and switch to 14K 250 watt HQI bulbs. All in all I got a heck of a deal at 750 including tax for every bit of it.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I ever get my camera back. Last time that I called, I was told that the techs have ten days. Then today, two weeks later I called, and was told that it can take up to a month to get the camera back. Which stinks because it is 8.3 megapixels with 5x optical zoom. GOOD company and about the size of a deck of cards. I have a HUGE amount of corals right now. Or atleast huge for me. I dont overpopulate and give them room to grow without effecting eachother. In about a 70-75 I have

35 nassarius vibex snails
2 Tongan Fighting Conchs (no they dont fight)

What was 12 banded trochus snails, it is now more because they bread successfully and the little mini ones are just getting to the point where they climb the glass next to the bigger ones and eat algae. They arent supposed to breed in captivity from what I heard

2 sand sifting sea stars
2 derasa clams
1 super maxima clam
1 crocea clam
2 squamosa clams
2 PILES of zoos - one bright orange with pink centers and the other looks like easter. It has pastel yellow outer brims, pastel pink secondary in and then pastel green centers. Those are about the size of a quarter around.
1 6 inch tall and 8 inch wide Kenya Tree Coral
1 (or 3) neon green star polyps
1 Birdsnest pink
1 Birdsnest blue (dont ask)
1 Brown Toadstool Mushroom Leather coral
2 5 inch hawaiin feather dusters
1 green, brown with purple tip acroporas
1 white acropora with crystal blue tips
1 Pink acropora with green fuzzy polyps
1 yellow encrusting montipora
and then there is a yellow fiji leather frag hiding in there somewhere I just dont know where.
1 Red Pulsing Xenia that takes up nearly a quarter of the tank. My black onyx clowns have come to host that.

Sick thing is that all that cost me under 200 dollars. Because of trading frags and such forth

1 - 12 of 12 Posts