The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When introducing a new fish to the tank does it benefit the new fish if you feed the other fish right before you introduce them to the tank, so maybe that will occupy the other fish so they won't bother the new fish that's been introduced to the tank.:cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's what I've got right now

1 med yellow tank
2 mated clowns
1 tiny black & white striped damnsel
1 spotted puffer(just added yesterday)
1 sally lightfoot
2 mushroom rocks
1 carpet anenome
xenia's

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yellow tang sorry( i do that everytime)

·
Administrator
47,674 Posts
feeding before is a good trick, as is the lights out. In cases of fish that are known bullies or rather territorial and have ben in residence a while, it often helps to do a little rock rearanging, this can cause the dominent fish to be confused as to its domain, often in the confusion they pick out niches and claim them, working out the pecking order later, FWIW

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea I never thought of rearanging the rock...

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
I guess I have always been careful to use very docile inhabitants as I can't seem to catch my one damsel. However I typically do turn off the main lights, but don't really change my feeding regime. I have however quarenteened them a bit in a large betta tank thingie I have and/or a lee's specimen container with holes drilled out to see what aggression levels may be.

Ray

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i've always done the same thing in my fw tanks for years, and in this new tank.....

i rearrange the tank a bit, then feed the tank, then introduce the new fish while the food is still in the tank.

never had a problem. not even with my damsel :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts