The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mommy Mod
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
home from the friends in MD - no luck on convincing her to ditch the sea clone... but thanks for the help
Got home and MUCH algae in my tank
diatoms with green algae on them I think _ HARD to scrap off... does that sound right?

Did a 30% water change with r/o water
they were over feed this week and lights were on too long so I have sut back on lights and scraped and siphoned the tank out
also read that phospate and silicates ( sp) add to algae blooms

working on saving the money for a ro/di unit but lfs deos not sell water so the best I can do is RO right now

I was looking at Kent Phospate Sponge addative at the store is this worth getting?

·
11,345 Posts
YLChik said:
I was looking at Kent Phospate Sponge addative at the store is this worth getting?

Yes, but it isnt so much an additive as it is media that you put in the water flow somewhere in a bag like carbon, although(like carbon), it is much more effective and does a more thorough job if you run it in a canister filter such as this.

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_filters_two_little_fishies_phosban_reactor.asp?CartId=

I run carbon in the same filter one week out of the month and phosban the other 3 weeks 0on both of my tanks, and i dont even have measurable phosphates in my water.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
YLChik said:
any cons to it?
can I hang it in a bag in the tank near the overflow from the filter
or inside the filter?
Not many cons to it unless you dont have space for it. You can place it in a bag but the more water pasing through it the better. I had better luck with the phos reactor then the bag. What size tank do you have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts