The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a new CPR CS-90 for our 75 gallon reef setup. We took a trip to home depot to find an adaptor to hook up flexible hose to it today. They don't have anything that fits their bulkhead fitting because it has a lip at the end of it. The guy at HD said that it is not any kind of pipe threading that he had ever seen. The instructions for the unit say that you need to buy an "optional adapter." to hook up flexible hose. We checked several online sites and noone seems to have it. Anyone own one of these? Or, has anyone else had this same problem? :confused: We appreciate the help, as always. :wavey:

·
11,345 Posts
You need to go to a spa place or look online for flexible pvc. It IS the same dimensions as regular pvc and 1" will fit inside that cs 90. Or you can use normal hard pvc and come down until you need to make a 45 degree turn towards your sump. Flex is better but not necessary.

you are not hooking to the outside of that bulkhead, you are plumbing to the INSIDE.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm confused now. If I am not plumbing to the outside of the box, what are the threads for on the black fitting that came with the unit? I was thinking that that part would be outside of the box. :wavey:

·
11,345 Posts
thats for the nut that makes the bulkhead seal water tight to the box, gasket goes on the inside of the box with the raised rings towards the acrylic, not the bulkhead, then the nut makes it tight to form a seal.

that part IS on the outside of the box, but you are plumbing to the INSIDE where it is not threaded, it is slip 1" size

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wait, i think i just realized something. so the pvc hose will go INSIDE of that threaded portion and up into the box? I was thinking that I needed to attach the hose to the end of it somehow. Sorry, I must sound pretty stupid.

·
11,345 Posts
actually..i dont have to take any more pics.....here are some pics and the basic idea.
this was my quarantine holding tank up until a week or so ago when i cracked the tank.....

cpr overflow, drain, sump, and returns i think you can get the gist of it even though its not in place.....super simple set up

http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80065

1 - 10 of 10 Posts