The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rotflmao:I have a question for anyone who has an opinion! I have had a 10 gallon tank for over 2 years with a pair of ocellaris clownfish. I have finally decide I think I am ready to get an anemone!! I know how ard they are to keep and have been reading up on them. I wanted to know what types do you think are best for me and what kind of lighting do you think??? let me know what you think!

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Well, the best option would be a bubble tip but honestly there is no anemone that is really recommended to try in under a 30 gallon aquarium. Nems are just so sensitive to changes in water conditions and it is hard to keep conditions stable with such a small amount of water. I'm sure someone has done it but that doesn't mean its easy. I would be afraid in such a small tank the clowns might be even more prone to snuggle the nem to death. :( That is of course if the clowns decided to host at all.

· Premium Member
7,439 Posts
All of the host species are capable of out growing a 10gl. If you want to see the hosting behavior, you can try some hairy shrooms. They get pretty big and it's not uncommon for clowns to use them as a host. They will do fine in a 10gl tank. They also closely resemble sea anemones.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+2856+872&pcatid=872

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.