The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok some genious at the pvc factory decided he would put sku stickers on each and every one of the 4.3 billion tees, ells, and caps that i bought today for my cls plumbing.

is there an easy way to remove these things, besides sitting there wiping them down with goo gone one at a time?

i'm just guessing that it wouldnt be safe to put this stuff in the tank, with all these stickers and glue everywhere.

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
hot water soak and peel.

Just throw them into a bucket and fill with hot water.

Peel and let them air dry.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhhh you the man tom!!!

i thoguht i was gonna resort to sitting on arocker peeling each one, and of course, they always tear halfway into the peel :)

thanks!

·
Registered
807 Posts
some of the places have the upc code stamped on them. Not sure if its Ace, HD, or Lowes. I try to buy them whenever I can. Its a whole lot less trouble.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
thefatman said:
...i thoguht i was gonna resort to sitting on arocker peeling each one...
Heh, not me!

I am the King of low-energy low-tech do-it-yourself aquarium keeping!

...and I am pretty good with the hyphen key as well... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dave that was a low blow. but i'd expect that from someone with an imaginary stand ;) :funny:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same problem!! I just peeled off what I could and used an emery board to "sand" off the goo and any of the ink that was stamped on the pvc as well. I justed rinsed the dust off with some water. I was afraid to use any chemicals on it.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
newreefers. that is entirely too much work to handle for 4.3 billion pipe fittings :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts