The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought me a bottle today. was wondering if anyone else has tried this in their nano... will be dosing 2 ml every so often... not really sure how often to do it. Calcium is around 360 ppm

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,665 Posts
Welcome to TRT!As long as you do your WC you don't need it.But since you have it becarefull adding it to a Nano.Check your levels to make sure you don't over dose.

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
bought me a bottle today. was wondering if anyone else has tried this in their nano... will be dosing 2 ml every so often... not really sure how often to do it. Calcium is around 360 ppm
Welcome to TRT! I must admit that I've never used it, but I have to ask... what's in the product? As often as I hear about it, I've never heard someone list what the ingredients are. Honestly, it's not really necessary wtih good water changes and proper husbandry. But what are you hoping to accomplish with using it?

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
More over-priced reef-voodoo products taking advantage of hobbyists;)

If you can't measure for it, don't add it to the tank;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to TRT! I must admit that I've never used it, but I have to ask... what's in the product? As often as I hear about it, I've never heard someone list what the ingredients are. Honestly, it's not really necessary wtih good water changes and proper husbandry. But what are you hoping to accomplish with using it?
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><!-- <tr> <td colspan="2" height="1" bgcolor="dcdcdc"></td> </tr> <tr> <td > Full Description </td> </tr> --><TBODY><TR><TD>Pet Product News Editor`s Choice Awards Winner as One of the Best New Products of 2005

Purple Up has a unique dual method approach to coralline algae acceleration:
  1. Ionic calcium—Immediately raises dissolved calcium levels in your aquarium water.
  2. Ten micron aragonite—targets the live rock surface, where it dissolves in situ (in place), delivering calcium, strontium, magnesium and carbonate right where it is needed.
Features:
  • Iodine Replenishment: PurpleUp replenishes iodine, an essential element for coralline algae tissues that quickly becomes depleted in closed systems.
  • Easy to use. One bottle of Purple Up replaces the typical multi-product recipe for successful coralline algae growth favored by advanced aquarists.
  • Contains Super Sea Calcium, a natural calicum derived from pristine tropical oceans.
  • Treats up to 4730 gallons.
What i am trying to acomplish is good coraline growth. Really wanna kick start it. Instead of buying seperate bottles of kalk and different stuff this is an all in one to me.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
I've used it...sorry but IMO it's a waste of money! I saw no difference with it than on tanks I didn't use it on. Keep you CA and Alk in check and frequent small WC's and you'll get good coraline growth better without it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts