The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My own cube of reef
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with purple lobsters eating their fish? Would the lobster be fine with blennies, gobies, and chromis'? And are they pretty good inverts and easy to care for.....do they have any drawbacks? And how aggressive are they? And are they good in pairs or just one per tank?

Lots of questions!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have had one for 6 or 7 years. They spend 99% of their time in the LR somewhere, if you have any other crabs, shrimp or the like they will kill and eat them. I had a very health Mandarin disappear, since he spent a lot of time in the LR also, I can only guess that the lobster got him. I try and feed mine Silverside occasionally, if I had to do it all over again, I would not, you never really get to see them and they are a predator, but I don't want to tear my 125 down to get him out.

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
Ive never had a lobster in my tank, but I've certainly fished for crab and lobsters. They will eat anything meaty or fishy, which is awesome for catching dinner but not so much keeping your slow moving critters alive.

Holygral, sorry about your mandarin. :-(

H

1 - 4 of 4 Posts