The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got this thing hooked up in about 20 or 30 minutes, turn it on and it's literally spraying, not leaking, but spraying from every tube connection on it.

this thing is junk.... i just soaked everything under my sink....:angry:

·
Registered
960 Posts
I can't speak for all of their units. The one I received had one part that had a drip, easily fixed. Sorry yours is a POS, did you contact them?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have been following all the posts in regards to this unit...because I feel you can not beat there prices...many talk about leakage, but can be fixed....I know with extra thread sealant and other things it should work out....Need more info though ...where is it leaking?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i got a broken one from them that seemed used ...they told me that they leak tested it and thats why it was wet ...who believes that considering that they all leak ....lol

still waiting to be resolved for me ...havent hooked it up yet but im betting it leaks

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
contacting them now. i mean a simple drip is an easy fix but this thing was spraying water from the connection on the very top filter. I'm on the 3rd floor of a condo building and i didn't think i had very good water pressure up here. i was a little worried it wouldn't work because of low pressure...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i believe there is someone here that knows these people personally ...they said that they would take care of my problem soon and 1am that morning i got an email response so hopefully they pass it on for you

·
Registered
960 Posts
contacting them now. i mean a simple drip is an easy fix but this thing was spraying water from the connection on the very top filter. I'm on the 3rd floor of a condo building and i didn't think i had very good water pressure up here. i was a little worried it wouldn't work because of low pressure...
That's not acceptable. I thought maybe you purchased a booster pump or something.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no pumps or anything. just had the tap to ro unit connection blow off and soak me and half the kitchen. wow, i don't even know what to do about this thing

·
Registered
960 Posts
no pumps or anything. just had the tap to ro unit connection blow off and soak me and half the kitchen. wow, i don't even know what to do about this thing
Have you considered beating the crap out of it, and throwing it off the deck. That was my solution the other night when I found out a pH monitor I bought was worthless.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Sorry your having an issue with the filter . I have one and have had no issues .
The first thing I would ask is . Did you start the filter "slowly" meaning when you started adding water ? Or did you just put 40lbs right to the 1/4 inch hose . You need to remember . The filter is a filter . It restrict the flow of water to remove particles. The filter is 100% air and needs to be purged out . Did you ever try filling up as water balloon with a hose on full blast ?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Sorry your having an issue with the filter . I have one and have had no issues .
The first thing I would ask is . Did you start the filter "slowly" meaning when you started adding water ? Or did you just put 40lbs right to the 1/4 inch hose . You need to remember . The filter is a filter . It restrict the flow of water to remove particles. The filter is 100% air and needs to be purged out . Did you ever try filling up as water balloon with a hose on full blast ?
hmmm... cant say i have seen that on the pwc stie or any other ro/di manufacturer instructions .... not that im am expert by any means

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I'd have to say, based on the minor issue I had with the one I ordered I would recommend them again.
It's a great filter . I think some of the issues people are having is the lack of knowledge knowing that you "must" add water to them slowly . Until the water starts coming out "both" hoses . Then you start adding more pressure . It's like blowing in a straw with your finger on the end . By the time these filters get mounted on the wall or under a sink People bang them all around . Lay them down. Twist and pull on them. It's only plastic fittings and hose. It's nobody's fault . just nobody knows

·
Registered
960 Posts
It's a great filter . I think some of the issues people are having is the lack of knowledge knowing that you "must" add water to them slowly . Until the water starts coming out "both" hoses . Then you start adding more pressure . It's like blowing in a straw with your finger on the end . By the time these filters get mounted on the wall or under a sink People bang them all around . Lay them down. Twist and pull on them. It's only plastic fittings and hose. It's nobody's fault . just nobody knows
I agree to a certain extent. But I also think there are some quality control issues at the factory. The one I received had a small leak, just like the expensive under sink filter I purchased had. It boiled down to a bad 1/4" fitting, so it's not that big of a deal. But, a bunch of not that big a deals add up to a really big deal.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, I'm getting there. What i did was to pull the whole unit back out. One by one, i pulled each connection off, put some sealant on and made 100% sure it was connected as tight as i could get it. Once there, reconnected everything under the sink and drip tested it. With each drip I found, i messed with the connections with teflon or sealant till it stopped. At this point, I let it run for a while to slightly fill up the tank (I have a tank and goose neck fosset) and get some pressure behind it, and I think I'm on my last leak. Just waiting for the tank to drain now so I can pull that connection and reseal it.

Hopefully I can get this done tonight, let it run for a while, drain it and actually get a water change in.

At any rate, way more work and testing/fixing than I would have guessed..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts