The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have since lost all my SPS minus one, my very large foxface fish, my crocea clam, one BTA, and my butterfly fish....this has been since the beginning of the summer to the end. I am afraid that maybe the new light bulbs I bought may have burnt my clam and hurt things, other things were plain accidents or mechanical failures....

My question is: I hate my SEIO's. They're huge and ugly. They provide hardly any flow. Regardless of price what would everyone here recommend? Obviously the Tunze's are the best but what ones for my 150??? Also, what does everyone here think of the Hydor Koralia pumps??????? I see they are pretty big, but I'm not sure if a tunze nano is enough for my tank......

Any advice would be wonderful. Working on moving my tank to an in the wall tank when I move in three weeks. Pics coming.....

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
If price is no object then the vortecs would be the best powerhead type pump. I like the korillas, but they are big and there is no controller for them for another siz months or so. You can use the seio controller with them, but...

·
Reefer and proud of it!!!
866 Posts
I have a Hydor Koralia pump the #1 which is the smallest one, but of course my tank is a 20 gal. so it works for me. the first one i had worked great, one day though it just stoped working. had it less than a month so took it back to the LFS and they couldn't get it to work so they just replaced it. The second one stared up with a little noise but went away after a few days. That was about a two months ago and now problem since.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
i have 3 Koralia 4's in my tank. i think they are fine. they are in the back and blend into the black back of the tank. they provide a good amount of flow in a few crucial areas.

i am curious to know how your clam died. did you check for pyramid snails?

G~

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have 3 Koralia 4's in my tank. i think they are fine. they are in the back and blend into the black back of the tank. they provide a good amount of flow in a few crucial areas.

i am curious to know how your clam died. did you check for pyramid snails?

G~
Yep, no snails. I have another clam that is doing awesome. My crocea just stopped opening up all the way and therefore never really got any light. It was a gorgeous clam and I am very upset about it. I wonder if the new light bulbs hurt it.

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
I've got a pair of 6100s (now the 6101s) on my 150 and love them. I've added a koralia 3 to help in one dead spot, and I may add one more in the future, but I really like the Tunze for now. I imagine I would be equally satisfied with the vortech, though it would require a re-aquascape.

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
Yup. I love the tunze, but when the vortec controller becomes widley available, with the battery backup, I think my mind will be made up... But my pocketbook will hurt:D

I was impressed with the korilla warranty this week though. I emailed them saying I lost my reciept on a dead pump and they simply said, mail it in, minus the magnets and they would get a new one out ASAP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts