The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I got a pulsing xenia from bklynmet. last week I was aquascaping and rpiped it from it's rock. Come to find out it's now coverd in Monti. :banana: Thats now my second peice (of monti) i've found.

·
Hail Purdue! Boiler up!
190 Posts
Hey bklynmet, I pulled the xenia off that rock (it came fairly easily), and now have the unidentified SPS in a better location. It looks to me like some species of encrusting montipora.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If any of that xenia is the stuff I took to the meeting, some of the pieces had purple monti digitata growing on it as the xenia was attached to the digi.....I had to break the digi to remove the xenia......

·
Registered
168 Posts
In that case it is definitely monti digitata purple.....I have had some rtn on my digi and lost it all in my tank....not sure where or what happened but I can probably get more from where I got it from......will wait a bit though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Within the past week or so. Funny I haven't added anything new. It started on my orange digi.....and I thought someone was nipping the polyps off.....then the purple had it around the bottom parts...The purple is all brown now....though it looks like it still has polyps on it...and the orange in places is putting out new grow tips....fingers crossed....I had some green bali slimer that looked like the polyps have not been extended and I fragged it up....not sure it is has it or not. I am keeping an eye on it and even though I am leaving on vacation for a week I am pretty confident it will be okay.

I just added two hydro koralia 4 powerheads and i think the added flow can only help.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Interesting I didn't think about the lights. I just replaced the 10K bulbs with 14K though I think the monti decline was before that. I did measure my magnesium and it was really low so I have been increasing it gradually over the past few days....it had gotten down to 1000......It takes one huge amount of epsom salts to raise it back up..........50 tsp a day.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts