The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
how big is the puffer? he may only eat live food, and you will have to wein him. Do you know how long the store had him and if they were able to get him to eat? If so, what did they feed him?

As for is white spots on the fins, I use to toss in a cleaner wrasse. They don't live long in captativity (is that too many letters LOL), but they do a bang up job on cleaning the fish.

·
Registered
585 Posts
so the store didn't get him to eat either. Ok, you have had him for 4 days, store for 1, that's a total of 5 days...YEAH I can add, Oh, sorry

weining them is not easy, but for now, I would go down and get some small feeder gold fish. Just put one in the tank and see if he goes for it. The goldfish won't live long in saltwater, but if the puffer goes for it, you know he's hungry. and will probably swollow it hole.

I wish I could give you advice on weining them, but I can't. I'm sure someone here can help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.