The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago, I got a gorgeous peacock puffer. It acclimated into the tank really well, everyone in the tank is getting along great, and my params are excellent.

Anyways, 2 nights ago, and last night, I came home, and the poor fish was stuck up against the overflow, looked like it was ready for dead. I removed him from there, and it swam to the bottom, and just laid on the sand. I thought forsure it was going to be dead by morning.

Then, yesterday morning, and this morning, the fish is swimming around like it was before, like nothing was ever an issue with it.

Is this something I should be worried about, or is this normal behavoir for a puffer?

Thanks

Jay!

·
Registered
482 Posts
sounds like he might have gotten too close to the overflow or was checking out the tank and whatnot and just could not free himself once he got into that position, ive had several new fish do this in the past on me, lucky you found him when you did he coulda died for sure from that, he prolly was completely out of energy so he swam for bottom quick, then regained that energy through the night, im sure he learned his lesson and wont do that again... of maybe he might, who knows, hopefully he wont!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dobejazz said:
Jason we need a picture :)
you already got the picture you asked for :funny:

now you want MORE?!? :doh:

i'll do my best to get you one after i get a good cleanup crew in my tank. my **** huge hermit crab seems to love every snail i put in there...for lunch!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Jay, puffers are very tough and I had a similar experience where mine went into the overflow box and got stuck to the overflow pipe - all puffed up. He too was fine by the next day. How was his behavior during QT?

KG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts