The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the coralife super skimmer put it in and got it running.
I know it has a 'break in' period and it is suppose to produce micro bubbles for a few days. True right? But the pump seems to fluctuating. It makes bubbles and then stops and then starts again inside the skimmer. is it suppose to do this?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
ok I bought one 2 weeks ago and had the same problem. I called the customer service rep. He said that the tubing going into my sump was blocked and maybe I didn't leave on inch of space between that tubing and the filter box that cases it. I cut the(flexible return tubing) and removed the white floss filter in the return case and that took care of my problem. I also had the micro problem but the salesman at the lfs told me they continue to do that so I moved mine to my sump. and it's been 2 weeks and I still have micro bubbles in the sump but none in the tank. If I can be of any further help please feel free to ask.
Patrick

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
in the big colum? Mine did that right from the start. Did you turn the red adjustment knob?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
ok thats def not right. Do you have your manual? If so there is a number you can call if not let me know I will try to find mine and give you the number. I bet you just need to adjust something. Have you tried moving the red knob?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Abong did you hook up the venturi tube? If its not producing any bubbles at all this is the only reason I can think of.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
ok I just took a look at mine and there is a clear tubing that has a case on it that looks like a pill bottle. Make sure thats not in water

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
how about the clear tube with the gray pill bottle looking knob? make sure it's not in the water. I think thats what Mike01z is talking about but I'm not sure

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
ok do you have the customer rep number? I'm not sure what the problem is and I don't want to tell you something incorrect. If you bought it at a lfs give them a call. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
i had the same exact problem, forget the manuel, turn the red know so that its at the smallest dot, then open the other know near the pump all the way, not half way like the manuel tells you. this should get it working...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Try taking the end off the powerhead and taking the air line and putting it just inside the entrance on the suction side if it works like that then there is a problem with the venturi. check for a kink in the hose causing a restriction

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
it looks like mine except the pill bottle thing has a compartment I put mine in its rightabouve the pump outside of the tank. also the clear tubing I cant tell by your pic make sure it's not being pinchedby that gray clip on the big tube going to the pump

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I really don't know what more you can do. Hopefully one of the other folks sugestions would work. I'm really sorry I couldnt help you more

1 - 20 of 45 Posts