The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The sump is lr no bioballs.....the question is is there anyone running 2 protein skimmers???Im wondering If mine is going to big big enough to handle the load???? I was thinking of adding another one the same kind And running one dry and one wet???and letting the second one flow back into the 1st chamber??Is this a waste of money or should I leave it alone?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Im assuming thats the larger css..... no, it wouldnt hurt to add another one. Thats not really a good skimmer for that size of tank and IDK if it is even rated for 210 gallons. I would get a bigger, better one all together such as the Bullet series, Euro reef, or Aqua C. They are more designed for larger tanks.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is what I currently have..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coralife-Super-Skimmer-220-Gallon-NEW_W0QQitemZ7765396241QQihZ018QQcategoryZ46313QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rated to 220 gallons its working very good...but still the water quality isnt up to par like I would like its been set up 2 weeks now...It may take more time...but whats going to happen when I add more stuff????bioload is going to go up???Im just wondering If I should add a second skimmer?? If not a better one. I was thinking 2 of the 220 rated skimmer should do the Job???

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
There are people that run two!It depends on your load and haveing the right size skimmer and the only way to really tell is try a 2nd one and see if you get more out!

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figures it wouldn't hurt...It should help. That way I can make sure I get all the bad stuff out of the water before it goes back in the tank....

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,649 Posts
I was thinking of adding another one the same kind And running one dry and one wet???and letting the second one flow back into the 1st chamber??Is this a waste of money or should I leave it alone?
I think this is a great idea, I know one person running 2 skimmers, and he has a great tank, I have been thinking about doing the same lately.

Whiskey

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
great idea indeed. Im assuming youre going to keep larger fish in that tank like tangs eventually, they poop alot & big, so I would get more skimming.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks alot thats what Im going to do they are 169.00 well worth the money I think!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts