The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Project 105 / 1-19-11 update

The tank is 48x20x25 approx. 105g

The full setup will include - 105g display - 40g sump - 20g Long refugium - ehiem 1262 return pump - reef octopus skimmer(s) - mp40 - BRS GFO reactor - BRS Carbon reactor - Reef Keeper Elite V2 - Koralia evo 1050 x 5 - 4x54x T5 - 2x150w MH phoenix 14k

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys! The overflow is not a DIY :( , it came with the tank. I do like the offset of it though. My original plan was to get a few tunze stream pumps with a controller, but with christmas presents to buy for a VERY large family, the budget took a hit. With that said I did order 5 koralia evo 1050's to go along with my MP40, they can be put on timers so it will work for now. I do not plan on using all 5 pumps at one time unless it is deemed necessary, hopefully I will have a couple left over for back ups.

OK, back to work

· Premium Member
26,774 Posts
this isn't a new system, it is a transfer to a new tank due to old tank bowing. it seems to be happy where it is in the frag tank, so if that means waiting then that is what i will do.

thanks for the heads up though, always willing to learn.
I found that out too, even with a transfer the tank will still fluctuate parameters, also you will be adjusting the ATO, skimmer, and other mechanics so until everything is set, don't put the nem in there, my tank is still "new" almost 4 months and its still not "stable" I'm still working on things, and getting it set where i want the params. and this is upgrading from a year old system with two nems in it, and both passed away in the new system. :doh:

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found that out too, even with a transfer the tank will still fluctuate parameters, also you will be adjusting the ATO, skimmer, and other mechanics so until everything is set, don't put the nem in there, my tank is still "new" almost 4 months and its still not "stable" I'm still working on things, and getting it set where i want the params. and this is upgrading from a year old system with two nems in it, and both passed away in the new system. :doh:
WOW, sorry to hear about the loss. I really appreciate all of the info, sounds like it would be best to just let it hang out in the frag tank for a bit till everything looks promising. again, thanks for the info.

· Premium Member
26,774 Posts
WOW, sorry to hear about the loss. I really appreciate all of the info, sounds like it would be best to just let it hang out in the frag tank for a bit till everything looks promising. again, thanks for the info.
I thinks its better if we all learn from each others blunders so we all don't have to learn the hard way! :doh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.