The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i added 10lbs of live rock, yellow tang, 3 hermit crabs, 10 snails, and 1 turbo snail...................so far everything is good................i also put carbon in my tidepool wet/dry because i just can not get my water clear............why is this............i do not understand..........i have a few other questions..........as you can see i do not have any powerhead pointed toward the top so the water is not moving, but i have a wet/dry so the water is tumbling everywhere.............is that ok...........also for those of you that have hermit crabs........as you can see i have extra shells everywhere i think it looks terrible.........do you all have these shells everywhere like this?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
tank looks very nice, yes, if you have hermits, you should have extra shells, lots of them too. or else the hermits will take out your snails to get a new home... (that still doesnt guarentee they wont. but it helps your odds)

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
coming along nicely!!

Yeah...I have the shells around the tank too. I think they actually add to the decor. But if you don't like 'em...you can group them all along the back of the tank. That way they're there, but not in view.

As for the surface...the key is that you have aggitation from something. If you kneel down, and look up at the surface...do you see a film? if so, that's BAD. If not, you're good.

Surface agitation helps with gas exchange.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Yeah my hemit pulls snails out of their shell even tho there are extras moves in for like 5 minutes and then goes back to original shell. I quit buying shells and snails and he just has to make do with those he has filed eviction notices on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts