The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lights went out within the past few weeks (first the daytime lights, then the actinics), and I just assumed that the bulbs were dead. I couldn't find replacements at my LFS, so I ordered them online, and when I tried them, none of them work. The cooling fans aren't working either. The only part of the whole system that does still work is the lunar light feature.

The light system that I have is the Current Obrit 24-hour (model 1026, 72" long): http://www.current-usa.com/orbit.html.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to troubleshoot it/who to take it to to have it fixed? Obviously, I'd rather not have to completely replace the thing if not necessary.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
How old is the system? If possible I believe current has a 1yr warranty on all their products, they were really helpful when I had problems not long ago.

That said, I'd say if the fans are not working either it could be a wiring problem, something got too hot and melted or something. Or if the fans are wired through the ballasts which I know sometimes can happen perhaps you need replacement ballasts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts