The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend and customer in Atlanta is moving to Seattle. I told him I'd try to help him sell his system.

I haven't seen the system myself beyond some pictures (and I don't know where I stored the pictures...), and I'm not positive about all the brand names of the accessories, but here's what we know:

120 g All-Glass Reef Ready tank
Modern Cherry Stand
Modern Cherry Cap
4 x 55 Watt Compact Fluorescent lighting (not sure what brand)
Wet/dry type sump with bio balls removed
Return Pump might be Custom Sealife - not sure...
Red Sea Berlin HOT Skimmer
Tetratek UV Sterilizer
Octopus 3000 with pH proble, salinty probe, temp probe (This alone is worth over $700 if bought new- does not include software)
100-150 lbs (guesstimate) of Fiji Live Rock
Assorted corals including: Pagoda, Open Brain (3 yrs +), Leather, Polyps, shrooms
2 Sand Sifting Stars
Assorted Sand Janitors

Yellow Tang
Sohal Tang (2 years +)
Naso Tang
Diamondback Goby
Engineer Goby

I can be sure this is a well-maintained tank, owned by a caring hobbyist. He is moving very soon. Sacrifice at $2000.

He would prefer to sell the whole thing to one buyer. Serious inquiries only, please.

PM me or email me for the seller's name and telephone number, I'd rather not publish it on here.

Jenn

·
Registered
76 Posts
Octopus 3000 with pH proble, salinty probe, temp probe (This alone is worth over $700 if bought new- does not include software)

He would prefer to sell the whole thing to one buyer.
With that in mind, I still want to share my wish, but if he changes his mind, I would love to talk to him about it. I just don't have any room for the whole setup... Not to mention, i will loose, my life to my wife :D

:)

Thanks

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh there will be a long line up for the Octopus if he parses it out -- been there done that with another privately sold tank recently ;)

Jenn

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I received a PM earlier from somebody interested in the whole setup - let's wait and see what happens there before we start thinking about parsing it all out.

Jenn

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the individual who inquired first is not available to purchase this setup.

I'm going to visit the client tomorrow - unless somebody "beats me to it" and wants to buy it outright, I will probably be breaking the system down for him, because he's running out of time.

I'll post an update when I know more, probably around this time tomorrow.

Jenn

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK... I went to visit, I have some pix but I'll post them from the shop later (I'm at home right now).

PLEASE -- no more inquiries about the live rock - I've had about 6 so far, it's all 'spoken for' 6 times over..... :funny:

This setup is IMMACULATE. The tank is plumbed into a room off the garage, and the tank itself is in the living area. The sump has auto topoff valve and etc. The tank has NO scratches.

I'll be taking the system down sometime between now and Sunday (most likely either Saturday or Sunday.). They are under the gun to move, and they need the system gone, so I'll take it off their hands and parse it out....I'll have to do some figuring to see what is what.

The lighting is a 4 x 55 w retro kit with reflector mounted right into the hood, and the hood and stand are AGA Modern Cherry.

I'd like to keep the tank, stand and cap/lights as one item -- if I sell just the tank, I'll have a stand & cap with no tank.... unless somebody has need of a stand/cap/lights.... in which case PM me, and I'll deal because somebody wants just the tank....

OY this is complicated!

PM me if you're interested in anything aside from the rock.....

Jenn

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pix...

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pic 2

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sump

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OY...

Now I know why I wanted to try to sell this all to ONE buyer... I'm bombarded with PMS and posts...

The fish won't come out til the tank is torn down, probably by this weekend.

I'll post a note with what's what when I get it under my roof.

I'll be walking a fine line with this, once it becomes "mine" I am crossing into commercial territory -- even though I'm doing this FOR a customer, not for "profit"...

Jenn

·
Registered
807 Posts
Jenn your pm box is full,

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe the Sohol is spoken for. The other tangs may be too. There is also an engineer goby (I like him, I might buy him) and a diamond goby.

I emptied some of my PM box. Cripey, you lot are like vultures!!! :eek:

PLEASE -- I've been bombarded with requests for rocks, rocks and more rocks, rocks with polyps, rocks with shrooms, rocks with polyps and shrooms, rocks without polyps and shrooms.... You'd think the stuff was going out of style or something... Sponsor stores have rocks too..... :rolleyes: :D

Tell you what - I'll get the thing picked up. I have somebody who was fast on the PM who gets first crack at the rock. If he passes, the next person gets dibs on whatever's left. My customers get first crack at whatever else is left, and then it's every man for himself. I don't have time to co-ordinate all this. I was just trying to help a friend who is moving and I had hoped that somebody would buy the whole setup. Failing that, he's leaving it with me to sell for him... I owe it to him to get 1) great homes for his stuff, the livestock in particular -- these are his "children" and they all have names, and 2) a fair dollar for his stuff.

I'm not profiting from this in case anybody's wondering - in fact I've already got mileage and time invested, and I don't have anything picked up yet... I risk losing if I can't sell this stuff because I'm paying him up front, what I think I can turn it over for....

I'm beginning to regret posting this - I can't please everybody -- and I can't sell certain pieces without the others (ie tank, but not the stand and cap and sump...) otherwise I'm left with a bunch of derelict hardware. Also I don't have ROOM to store all this.....

Who was it that said, "No good deed goes unpunished"???

Confuzzled.

Jenn

1 - 20 of 24 Posts