The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 with a canopy style top that encloses the lights on top and covers three sides leaving the back open.

My return line (and some cords) runs in two locations over the top rim of the display tank making the addition of a solid top difficult if not impossible, especially right along the wall where gobies and other fish like to swim up the glass then jump out. I've lost a firefish and a diamond gobi this way :mad:

I've put some screen up across the back (vertically) but don't have a good idea of how to attach it to the tank itself so that fish don't jump out.

Any ideas to complete this project (or else another way)? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope - measured with volt meter/grounded.

the diamond wasn't in the tank long - probably never got "settled." The firefish was in for almost a year - cheap fish, but he was probably my favorite - first into the DT.

Don't know why - but everything I read says these two fish are known jumpers and need "closed tops."

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
something like that might work, even vertically with cut outs for the pipes. humm...

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
i just use egg crate. not the egg crate that holds eggs, but for some thread the drop in ceiling open grid diffuser is called egg crate. i just use the regular white version. easily cut it into any shape you need. it does have an up and a down side, but if you look closely you can see the difference.

G~

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
G - do you put it over the tank or across the back? I guess you could do either?

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
I liked the glass tops, so had them custom cut to fit with the notches I needed for the cables to run out. There isn't enough room for the fish to get out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts