The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some base/live rock that has been in my tank for the last couple of weeks. I thought I read somewhere that I could wrap it in newspaper soak it with tank water. Does this sound like a good plan?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, sorry about that. Just transporting from salem to Portland. I went ahead and wrapped it in newspaper and soaked it in tank water till time to transport..

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
it got here fine by the way, with all the snails and pods intact. i watched for a good half hour as my clown tried desperately to keep up with those pods as they zipped across the tank. he is just a bit too slow though.

thanks for taking care of the order and for aging the rock for me. now i look like i have a real rock wall, instead of a small pile of pebbles.

when my friend comes with a camera ill shoot some pics so you can see how it looks now with the new additions.

ryan

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im glad it made ok. My blue tang took a turn for the worst after you all left. So I gave him a freshwater bath and now have him in a bucket of tank water (make-shift hospital tank). Its going to be long night wondering if he will pull through

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
wsas he stressed out when you first put in all the new rock and rearranged everything, or just when you pulled it out today? it seems that having to take the stuff out to get your base rock on the bottom of your aged live rock would have been more traumatic than just pulling the stuff out of the corner.

keep me posted on his status.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts