The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are coming to the August meeting, we are going to try to bring back the idea of a monthly topic starting with this month. popular consensus this month turned up anemones as the most popular.

So.... if you have an anemone, have had one, wish to have one, have a friend whose sisters boyfriends uncle in law once grew them, come with you stories!

Of primary interest to folks who are looking into getting one will be your tank size, lighting, filtration, water parameters, where you got the specimine, how long you have had it, has it split, etc. etc.

For those of you who do not have one, bring along a list of questions, and hopefully some gurus will be able to help us through our queries.

Anyone who has the sprung book i think it is volume 2 that deals with them, please feel free to bring it along, or any books or literature for that matter, there is sure to be someone who has not seen it yet (be sure to write your name in it so if it gets misplaced we know who to get it back to).

Finally, please come armed with a list of topics that you would like to see for the september meeting. we can do something nifty like choose the top 3 topics from the folks at the meeting, and then poll for the number 1 topic on the board in preparation for september.

On a side note, I will be discussing the possibility of doing a clean up crew bulk order at the meeting, as one of TRT's new sponsors has some very good prices, so if you think you will want to get in on that for next month or october, be sure to come to the meeting as well.

Oh and on another side note, there are a lot of new members showing up to the meetings, and a lot of folks have plenty of room for new frags. if you have some colonies growing madly, break off some chunks and bring em to the meeting. i would like to try to start a coral bazaar kind of thing when folks need a little bit of cash, and have a few too many corals. Think 5 to 10 dollar range. it might be a good idea to post that you will have stuff available before the meeting, so folks remember to bring a little bit of cash.

Ok, no other things, now get researching, recording, and fragging, because the next meeting is only a week and a half away!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good ideas...

Glad to see your ideas Ryan.

I am very interested in the Bazaar approach, too. As you all know starting a new tank drains your funds, then you wait and wait for what you have to grow for something to trade. Anyway I would love to see a reasonable way to get more frags and help fellow reefers.

Thanks.

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a lot of recently fragged/split things in my tank. i am going away for a week, and if everything is not dead when i get back next saturday, i will bring along a few things to sell cheap.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ryan:

I am so sorry that I can not be at the meeting this weekend, I am in Bend. If anyone has other questions about Rose anemones from the meeting they are welcome to email me.

For other topics for future meetings what about growing phytoplankton and using calcium reactors.

I hope you have a good time.

Connie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.