The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.....jsut wondering if anyone has a link to some HOMEMADE critter traps or might have a trap a guy could borrow(LOCALS) for a lil while....

think i gota critter of some kind in the tank preying on the smaller fish that sleep near the bottom....had ALOT of fish just go missing......the most recent was my NEON DOTTYBACK...ive had 8 fish in 6 months go missing with no signs of a corpse.....i also have a ALOT of cruched shells and my snails are getting thin.....and my sand sifter star ALWAYS has leg damage and regrowing legs.....not sure if thats linked or not....the fish always eat and look healthy and last for a few weeks and then one morning they are just gone.....

i dont hear any clicking but my overflow is kinda loud from time to time so that might be why.....and i dont see any burrows and NO large pieces of rock have been added in 2 years.....

any thoughts on what MAY be in there.....or do i just have bad luck.....

·
Registered
224 Posts
easiest thing to do, get sinking food pellets, lean a jar or old glass against a ledge so the glass is leaning on an angle but not on its side, they will walk up the rock and slide alllll the way down in to the glass where they cant climb back out

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BLENNY IS JUST FINE JEN..NO WORRIES..hes up on the rock wall found him a cave in the palys that grow on it......

im not for sure that i got one or not.....might just be bad luck with some fish....i have NEVER been able to keep a wrasse or dottyback without them disappearing and that all the fish that have went missing other than my mandrin......2 flasher wrasses,fairy wrasse,2 dottybacks and my mandrin.....so maybe its just my luck...i dunno.....

i have a lil black/yellow tail damsel that lives on the bottom in a lil cave he dug out and he is fine and has been for months.....

LOL>>>>WATCHING THE BLENNY NOW.....fighting with a chromis over a lil hole under the birdsnest!!!!

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i know there all jumpers....but no corpses behind the tank....UNLESS they jump and the cat eats them....he has been acting alil "FISHY"..bad pun LOL....

my other theory is if they are getting into the overflow and dying i have a MONSTER that lives in the bottom of it that im sure what make QUICK work out of a dead fish.....

tried a bottle trap and caught a serpent star....lol...but i figured one of them would venture into it.....

the bicolor still kickin in his rockwall caves and still n o sign of anything.....

im just gona leave it to bad luck and just stay away from them from now on....

WRASSES with ME are like NASO's with JOE!!!! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts