The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so now that we have this major issue with pests, I am thinking ahead to when I can add more livestock (I will wait until September or so to add anything to this tank).

My question is, when adding a new coral to your system what do you use to "decontaminate" the newbie?

Please tell me your routine as specifically as possible, including products and doses.(just saying I dip everything doesn't mean much to me) I want to learn to do things correctly for the future!;)

It will be interesting to see what everyone is doing in there own tanks.:D

Dawn

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
I quit adding:funny: If this Tropic marine stuff actually works I might start adding sps again. AEFW are a pain in the rear and I do not want to go through that ever again.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I know people dip b4 adding thing to your tank.....No one wants to share their techniques?

Dawn

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I have not gotten a new coral in a while.....I am sure people will speak up. I use the seachem stuff we discussed but that is not effective on AEFW I do not think. This stuff Jeff has spoken of is suppossed to be the Miracle in a bottle. I would look into that.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
TMPCC for me too.... from now on. I'm moving in a few weeks and will be setting up my bigger tank finally... I will give every coral I have a dip before it goes into the new tank. The 40 g breeder will finally be a frag and QT tank.

Mary- I don't know anyone that carries it locally. You'll have to ask around. It seems like it is hard to come by because of all the rave about it. Most places, including online are out of stock...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
abigtroutt said:
I also herd that freshwater dips will also kill AFEW....is that true? What is TMPCC? and where do you get it? also where can you get lavimasole my LFS does not sell it just Salifert worm out....
Freshwater dips are risky for your corals... There's a good chance they will not survive the dip.

Tropic Marin Pro coral cure. I believe you can get it from frag farmers but they are out of stock... Google it and see what comes up...

You can get levinasole from a vet or from a place that sells cattle de-wormer- for us up here it is Fleet Farm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts