The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna order my sand, so might as well look at powerheads too. Isn't there a power head thingee that like changes what it is doing with settings so sometime it is blowing hard and sometimes soft and maybe even move around or for different directions and how do you control that can I use my iPhone. I want that what is it?

·
Reefaholic
2,736 Posts
Jebao pumps are going to be your cheapest option... either the WP series, or the RW series. Although the RW is wireless connect, I am not sure if you can control it with your iPhone. These pumps have controllers that will automatically randomize the flow, depending on what setting you choose.

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
I run 2 Jaebo WPs I like them better that the Vortechs because you can point them in different directions and they are 1/3 the price.

·
Veteran Newbie
3,799 Posts
I hope they have improved those, when they first came out they were not very reliable, we stopped carrying them at the shop
Nope, they're still junk. My LFS got one for super cheap so he tossed it in a tank and he said its not doing anything.

I can vouch for the Jebaos. I have a WP25 and an RW8. To be honest, I don't notice a huge difference between the two, but the RWs are slightly more compact and quieter. I run both at full power. Them combined with 2 koralias is sufficient for my SPS reef.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts