The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm super new and just trying to do as much research as I can whilst I slowly buy parts.
What powerhead flow should I use for a 105g marine reef tank? How many L or G per hour?

Any information would be much appreciated :)

· Active Anemone
1,665 Posts
Higher would be better in your case here. I would think you may need 3 or at least 2 for that size of a tank.

I run 2 in my 90 gallon and 1 in my 40 gallon sump beneath it.

I like the hydor korillas i use the 1150s in my main display.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
For that size tank I would probably go with 3 of the Koralia Evolution 1500's along with your return pump. Two of them up top at opposite ends of the tank and the other one about halfway down in either the left or right corner facing upwards towards the glass.

· Underwater Demolitions
11,734 Posts
A little bit fishy, welcome to TRT! I have a 105 also, think 24 wide, 48 long and 21 high... Something like that. I have 2 jeabo wp-25's and plan to add another. I also have 2 returns pointed at the top. The challenge comes when you decide what corals to keep. SPS require higher flow than LPS, so I have lesser flow than I would like to protect my large colony of Frogspawn and my big elegance. I suggest the Jeabos for their price point and decent control features. I've had them for 18 months and no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.