The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Me vs. Cyano...

I'd like to get some flow in my tank. I'm looking at all these different kind of power heads you can buy and am confused. I'd like to get some flow near the bottom of the tank, maybe a small powerhead on each side of my 29 gallon. Do people run the power cord all the way down there? Do I have to get a submersible one? I can find a lot of the ones that go on the surface but i'm getting no flow towards the bottom of the tank and I think that's one of massive problems surrounding the bacteria.

·
Just Another Reefer
581 Posts
Hydor Koryllia pumps are also a good choice for a small tank.

HTH

Doug

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Koralias are great for the price but they are hard to find unless you want to pay alot at fostrers and smith. I went with Tunze, champion lighting has them for $55 right now (the 6025) there 660gph may be a bit much for a 29.

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
BTW:
I see you got no responses at first. Don't feel like anyone is ignoring you. Somtimes the board is just slow and you have to ^^Bump^^ your thread from time to time to keep it visible :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
All of the powerheads are submersible, so don't worry about the power cord in the water.

Maxijets are great and you can always find them cheap, probably even used if you look in the for sale section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
? im going to start a 140g reef tank.was wondering if somebody can help me with choosing powerheads.tunze are a bit too much.how many do i need and whats good placement, height,nozzle direction,etc.

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
Have you looked into the Tunze nano streams? Or maybe 2 korilla 4s and a couple 2 or 3s just so you don't have 4 monster pumps in there:D

·
OneOldFish
281 Posts
Have you seen the size of the Koryllia:bigeek: . they are big boys for a 29gal. i think 2 maxi1200's or 2 402's:thumbup: would do the job and not hurt your eyes :rolleyes: when you look at the tank

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you don't mind I like to see some pics of the koralia 1's,2,3,, and 4's in tanks. I like to know the size comparison. Also like to see the tunze nanostream 6025 and ect. I got a 30g high that I want smaller better pumps in. I will be getting a 120g RR Oceanic tank in about 4 weeks that I like to put some koralia's in. Do the Koralia's oscilate?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

1 - 20 of 25 Posts