The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got the green lettuce nudi's, I put fine bridal veil on the PH and HOB filter intakes, and the skimmer outtake. I didn't want those tiny things to get sucked into that flow. Now the hair algae, and other stuff floating around in the tank gets trapped in those places, and of course greatly reducing their effectiveness. (doh!) Sure, I clean that every so often, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to handle this?

BTW...the Peppermint shrim has eaten the Aiptasia!!! But the snails and nudi's don't have a clue what their job is :(

·
Registered
807 Posts
The nudis and snails must not have read the book. Try reading to them every night for a month before you go to bed. If they don't get it after a month they may need a tutor.:D

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heheheh oh you guys from GA ;)

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
If your powerheads are MaxiJets you can get a sponge prefilter for them. You would still have to clean them but they come off easily.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I agree with Rick on the sponge filter and easy to take off and clean as he has stated!

Non-cleaning snails cath! Fire 'em and get replacements!!:funny:

Great news on the aiptasia being eliminated!! At least the peppermint shrimp are working!

Later, ;)

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aye, aye, sirs :) I can always use those PH for something else. And it's about time to fire the HOB filter too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
cath said:
But the snails and nudi's don't have a clue what their job is :(
They know what they're job is.. they're just on strike until you send them to Jay's Midwest Mollusk Retreat...

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
LOL Xwild!! All the snails in the world would be so spoiled!!:D

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
cath said:
Aye, aye, sirs :) I can always use those PH for something else. And it's about time to fire the HOB filter too.
Cath, I have some of the PH strainers in the foster and smith ad, when you come by for the water and salt, remind me about them.

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: Power Head intakes getting clogged :(

Xwild said:
They know what they're job is.. they're just on strike until you send them to Jay's Midwest Mollusk Retreat...
:funny: :funny: :funny: Yup, they're mad that that didn't get that special outing ;)

Thanks for the PH strainer offer. Sounds like a good deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts