The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you feed your Powder Blue daily....

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
dried nori from asian supermarket.
selcon once a week spread on the nori and allowed to dry.

once a week: one cube of frozen marine plankton (San Fransisco Bay Brand)

That's it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you put the nori on a veggie-clip -or- do you crumble it in the tank and let it swirl around???

·
Registered
299 Posts
Brine shrimp, blood worms, squid, broccoli and dried seaweed. Tangs are pigs.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
yellow submarine said:
do you put the nori on a veggie-clip -or- do you crumble it in the tank and let it swirl around???
The nori comes in 12"x12" sheets, I usually put two or three together and cut a strip 1" wide down one side, then fld it in half so it fans out and clip it at the fold. I stick it on the same spot on the glass every time I feed (every 2 to 3 days) and pull any they haven't eaten (PBT and Kole in 180 g display system).

You may find that your PBT is very shy, especially whenever you have company or lots of motion in the room. About the only time I see it is directly after putting the clip in the tank, or in the evenings when I turn the room lights down and sit back and watch.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rchull69 said:
Brine shrimp, blood worms, squid, broccoli and dried seaweed. Tangs are pigs.
FORGIVE MY COMPLETE IGNORANCE....

exactly how do you put broccoli in the tank......

diced and let float / swirl around the tank?

or stick a small stem (with a broccoli-head intacted) on a veggie-clip??

my wife buys uncooked/raw broccoli stalks for our dinners.....i guess I can steal some of that...right?

never put broccoli in the tank and need to know how its done

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
My powderblue gets dried spirulina daily, along with a mix of flake foods (I know I know) I also give some frozen foods on occassion.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just trim down the stem so it fits in the clip. Make sure you don't leave it in more than 24 hours as it will start to rot and you will smell it. Actually my 4 Tangs, 2 Clowns, and 6-Line Wrasse love the broccoli. Pigs I tell you. I can't walk by the tank without them all crowding the corner and begging!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I buy algea pieces at the lfs and put it in the clip. Mine will not eat it right away, but then I will come back an hour or so later and it will all be gone! She loves it! I also feed her whatever the other fish are eating for the day. I only give algae a couple of times per week.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
I rubberband my seaweed to a cleaner magnet so I can move it a round and also less time having my poluted hand in the the tank.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I used to have a hippo tang, the same feeding applies for him as the powder blue, I gave it A veggie clip of ocean nutrition 4x a weeek and she pigged up on the mysid I feed to my Gobies every two days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts