2,304 Posts
WELL HOW HOT DOES THE HOUSE GET?
sorry for the caps.
You could also blow a fan on it while you are away

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my dad wont have any other electrical while were away. Hottest on a 100 degree day, maybe 85- 9D

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
dude arent you in alaska?? hehe
how long is long?
my fish room gets mad hot sometimes due to all the lighting, usually the temp is 84 throughout the summer
no deaths because of it...the only thing i notice is an increase in algae...diatom and/or slime...once the tank cools down to 80 things get back to normal

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no...... Maybe the house will on a hot day, though. I ususually dont go away for more than 5 days.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
do you have central air? or its the air conditioner in the wall/window?

central air you can keep any temp you want, thats fine to leave on during a trip, but the wall/window ones ferget it they cant be left unattended that long
im guessing it will be fine...what about lighting? will you have it on a timer?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its says alaska because i dont want to get raped....... with all this child malistaion on the news...... you dont want people yto know where you live therse days... anyway... my dad still wont leave the centrial air on. the lights are timed... and fanned.. maybe ill reduce the photoperiod. So youre call is that itll be ok?

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
me too thats why i put USA :D
we better hide now everyone knows were we live :doh: :rotflmao:

i think it will be ok, leave fans on, doors to the room open, and yes lessen the photo period
guess you dont have much of a choice :(

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will it be ok with out ac because I just got yelled at because my dad is afraid about the electric bill. And he wont allow even a fan on outside of whats built into the lighting.

·
Registered
284 Posts
zxcv123 said:
its says alaska because i dont want to get raped.......

hahahaha

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
final decision.... sure ittl be ok with my conditions???
Its cool in the basement but i want to move it to the living room for more attentiom.

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
I think You are asking for trouble. Basement or not. If the house gets 90 or 100 at all for any lenght of time the tank will also get warm, warmer then the room temp. I think You need to talk your dad into buying a chiller or leaving the air on. If your tank gets to 90 you will be making a seafood soup.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
are you sure your house even gets that hot?
usually when all the shades are drawn and its kept dark it stays cooler.
the house shouldnt get any hotter than the temp outside
when are you going away? is it in the forecast?
this week is pretty cool, your in NJ we pretty much get the same weather, im southeast PA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts