The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been many many years since i posted on here last, but after getting a new tank all set up and ready to go, once again i need your help.

i found a couple of these in my sump a week or so ago, and let them be since it was afterall just the sump, but today i found another one in the liverock of my display tank!

my picture taking abilities leave much to be desired but this is the best pic i could get before the batteries in the cam died.
looks to me to be some kind of starfish, but i really dont know.
the liverock came from a tank that had a few chocolate chip stars in it, could this be one of their offspring?

any suggestions or speculations are welcomed

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Are they these? Your photograph is kinda rough, I really cannot tell much from your photo...

If they look like the above, see : http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61947

If they do not look like the above, take some out and put the on a dark background and use a macro lens to photo them with an overhead light source, use a tripod to get good clear pix.

HTH

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response!

thanks for the response!
the ones in the bucket are all 5 sided but in the thread i saw a link to another page which showed a 6 sided one being eaten, and yes it looks just like that one. i have only seen a total of 3 in my tank. its a newer tank (only up for just under 2 months) but the rock all came from a mature tank. if i see them begin to reproduce i may yank them all out, but for now they make an interesting addition to my fairly empty tank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts