The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely crazy, but I just bought a Poseidon T3 (850gph at 3/4 head--Pressure Rated) pump and this thing is absolutely, fully, inexplicably quiet!!! Makes my Iwaki sound like a freight train! I cannot believe it. Not sure if anyone else has any stories about them, but I would enjoy reading the good/bad.

They are made my Blue Line and I am sure happy with this one. It was $148 + shipping. I got mine when I ordered a waste container from ETSS. Seem to be pretty well made from first day of run-- Run/Dry and Thermal Shut Off.

Just thought you might want to know if you are considering a new pump.

-Ken

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Geoff said:
does anybody ever listen to me. :lol:

i absolutely loves these pumps. i have 3 on my system right now and one as a spare.

G~
If this is the same as a velocity pump I was listening :)

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
three90s&125sump said:
No.:rotflmao:
:lol:

gotta love honesty. :dance:

Kelli- yea, these are the same as the Velocity. for some reason these pumps change distributors fairly often, so it makes it confusing trying to find them. Customsealife, Poseidon, Velocity, and Blueline. are all talking about the same pump.

G~

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Geoff said:
:lol:

gotta love honesty. :dance:

Kelli- yea, these are the same as the Velocity. for some reason these pumps change distributors fairly often, so it makes it confusing trying to find them. Customsealife, Poseidon, Velocity, and Blueline. are all talking about the same pump.

G~

Thats good to know Geoff thanks

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
Geoff said:
does anybody ever listen to me. :lol:

i absolutely loves these pumps. i have 3 on my system right now and one as a spare.

G~
I feeel your pain, I've been preaching about them for a while now as well
I always get shot down with "they take use more power"

I'll take the extra power consumption for less noise anyday

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, the "more power" argument is only applicable if you are pushing the limits of the power feed you are using (too many amps pulled through any one outlet). With that said, most of us use a highly variable $1.50-$3ish in power each day for the whole household. The small change from a lower power consumption (but louder pump) is very little in the grand scheme.

I was just listening to my system yesterday with the Iwaki off and man, it's almost silent. The only sound is a rather subvert gurgle from the drilled overflow--rather comforting actually. Turn the Iwaki back on and the difference almost seems like O'Hare.

I imagine the Iwaki's days are numbered. I was interested in what you all said about the reliability and it seems that everyone else is rather pleased, even after time has passed.

8)

-K

1 - 10 of 10 Posts