The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a balmy 45 degrees at the moment (still)
so oatmeal and coffee for all

·
Super Moderator
27,665 Posts
KIA - where is Wallace?

Doug - sorry to hear about Dyan's latest reaction to chemo :(

·
Retired Wanderer
17,460 Posts
Morning everyone. Doug my heart goes out to your wife having to suffer through all that.

It is rainy again today and tomorrow. Hopefully it will be clear for our low country seafood boil Sunday.

·
Administrator
47,618 Posts
Morning Gang, I guess I will have the porridge will have to do, I was all pumped up thinking bout Biskits and Gravy from GRD, but common sense rules out.
Thanks for the kind words everyone, Dyan will appreciate it. I think whats hitting her hardest is while taking the ABs she can't go out in the sun, and she loves to spend time with her garden :(

·
Retired Wanderer
17,460 Posts
Morning Gang, I guess I will have the porridge will have to do, I was all pumped up thinking bout Biskits and Gravy from GRD, but common sense rules out.
Thanks for the kind words everyone, Dyan will appreciate it. I think whats hitting her hardest is while taking the ABs she can't go out in the sun, and she loves to spend time with her garden :(
Looks like a trip to Tijuana is in order. They sell those giant hats.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,460 Posts
Wow they just released our new travel policy. No gum, in flight movies, airport meals, alcohol or movies in the hotel room are permitted. That is just the beginning.

Hopefully I'll get to stay at the home office most of the time.

The good old days of staying at the Courtyard and eating a good meal with booze are probably over everyplace. Now it is bring a book to the Super 8 and buying a six pack and a couple of corn dogs from the AM/PM.

·
Administrator
47,618 Posts
Wow they just released our new travel policy. No gum, in flight movies, airport meals, alcohol or movies in the hotel room are permitted. That is just the beginning.

The good old days of staying at the Courtyard and eating a good meal with booze are probably over everyplace. Now it is bring a book to the Super 8 and buying a six pack and a couple of corn dogs from the AM/PM.
So does that mean you can't put those items on the company card, or can't indulge at all, period?

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and now
it's time for
something completely different

·
Super Moderator
27,665 Posts
Afternoon break here :wavey:

I think whats hitting her hardest is while taking the ABs she can't go out in the sun, and she loves to spend time with her garden :(
That's really tough, Doug. Please do tell Dyan that we are asking about her. Other than that, you've gotta find a good way to dress up porrage, Doug.

So does that mean you can't put those items on the company card, or can't indulge at all, period?
That's what I was wondering, too.

and now
it's time for
something completely different

:funny: That's great, KIA.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,460 Posts
We can chew gum, drink beer and I guess order pr0n depending on your choices but the company is not paying for any of it. Also, in flight movies are on your own dime. The people travelling to our offshore location have to buy groceries, cook and clean and do everything themselves and stay in the community house.

At my last company I was fortunate to travel in style to Belfast a few times and eat and drink with the sales guys. That was doing it up right. This is an icky economy.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Doug, you and Dyan continue to be in my prayers. Hope things get a lot better for both of you.

Whaaaattt???? You mean your company won't drop a quarter mil so you and Cynthia can have a "Date Night" at company expense like some folks do? :nuts:

Dick:)

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,016 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that Doug :( Can you put some of those portable car working on lights outside for her? They are really bright,.. perhaps she could tend the garden after sundown?

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,016 Posts

My company was pretty easy,.. they booked my hotel, and flight,.. then gave me ~$30 per day in petty cash, and demanded recepts and change back.

Anything that was "recreation" related they would not pay for,.. just food.

Whiskey

·
Retired Wanderer
17,460 Posts
Well time to try and put up the molding for the bedroom. I haven't done a lot of this so we'll see how it turns out.

The tile jobs turned out great. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow after we finish it up.

Have a nice evening everyone!!!

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,356 Posts
We can chew gum, drink beer and I guess order pr0n depending on your choices but the company is not paying for any of it. Also, in flight movies are on your own dime. The people travelling to our offshore location have to buy groceries, cook and clean and do everything themselves and stay in the community house.

At my last company I was fortunate to travel in style to Belfast a few times and eat and drink with the sales guys. That was doing it up right. This is an icky economy.
Don't know what to say, LOL:beer:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts