The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My watchman goby has no bottom jaw! I know he was fine when I picked him out but apparently the guy hurt him when he netted him. I fed him small chunks of blender mush so at least he can eat. He sort of looks like the predator now with two pointy nubs on the corner of his mouth. I'm already attached to him. When I sit and look at the tank he comes up to the glass and stares back at me. I swear I would rather net them myself. The feather I got just climed out of it's tube I think I'm gonna see if they will give me another one. Hopefully pics will come tonight, gonna go look at a new camera.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He seems just fine. Has picked out a den (and its right up front so I can see him!) and he guards it well. He was very faded when I first put him in the tank after his dip but this morning his coloring is amazing. Bright Bright yellow. I will watch him and hand feed him(yep he lets me) and as long as its small he swallows it no problem. Maybe most of it will grow back. My dempsey had a big chunk out of his lip and it grew back, tho wasn't the whole jaw like the gobies. We'll see.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I will keep my fingers crossed. He's lucky to have a mommy like you! ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts