The Reef Tank banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. were looking to find some people to place an order with MPJA electronics. they have 12V fans for .49 cents each and a plethora of other things also. there is a minimum order of $15.00 and shipping is extra. items will be received in 2 days to here in Atl.

were ordering a couple of fans and gaurds so we need atleast about $12.00 more stuff to order.

pm or e-mail us at:
[email protected]

Thanks!
Brandon & Kelly

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops...i sent you to something im concocting (sp) for my hood...just click on the home tab to get the homepage...sorry about that

·
Registered
637 Posts
I am thinking about getting a couple of fans....but I am in Columbia at college until winter break....I might be able to come over and get them over fall break or thanksgiving break, but I really dont know....

I could send you a check and could you hold them?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that would be fine william. i wouldnt mind dropping them in the post office to get to you either if you need them at colombia. that would only cost a buck or two im sure. just let me know by pm or mail as to what item numbers you want and how many.

Thanks!
Brandon & Kelly

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wish I had known 10 days ago. I ordered 2 Orion fans which were close to 20 bucks apiece but they do a good job and much much quiter than the 1 radio shack fan I had.

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
i would like to order 4 fans,and 4 guards-please...if you will send me an email and let me know how you want me to pay.....i am a new member,haven't even got my membership card yet!!!!!!!!!but i did order the ph monitor and it works greatly,
thank you in advance
brad bailey/bwb007

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry bout that braincoral. ive heard good things about these fans from this company. heck, even if they last a short while the price is definately right!

were looking to place the order on tuesday so we can get the shipment on thurs.

anyone else let me know!

thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah Ray they have all different sizes and specs. they are all ball bearing instead of sleeve bearing. means they will be quieter and generally last about twice as long and cost much less!

let me know if youre interested!

thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
(Small order :) ... )
I'll take the following:

• 12503 FN 12VDC 1-3/8" X 3/8" BOX FAN
    $0.99 ea
    qty: 2
  • 7838 TR 12V CT (6-0-6) 1A TRANSFORMER
    $2.75 ea
    qty: 1

Total: $4.73 plus S&H

PM me with info on how you would like to be paid. (PayPal?)

Thanks!
-leon.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Lkung, is that the proper transformer for that fan?

I think I am wanting a similar order.

12503 FN 12VDC 1-3/8" X 3/8" BOX FAN
$0.99 ea
qty: 2

7838 TR 12V CT (6-0-6) 1A TRANSFORMER
$2.75 ea
qty: 1

Same Total. 4.73. Not sure what shipping will turn out to be.

Lkung, I am planning on using one with a 3 gal eclipse tank and one is acually going to hook up with my transformer for my hood. It is going to blow directly on my MH lamp.

Ray

·
Registered
72 Posts
right now i have a pc strip on my tank but i am getting ready to put in 250w metal halide lights...do i need the dc fans or the ac fans...please email me back because i dont know what to order
thanks again
brad bailey/[email protected]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ray, the transformer is 110/120VAC:12VDC @ 1A which should work fine for the fans, which are 12 VDC @ 120mA each. With AC->DC power supplies, you typically throw in diodes and capacitors to protect the load from power spikes and reverse current, but each fan is only $0.99 so I'm skipping those safety measures :) .

If you're adverse to electrical fires ;) or the potential of killing your fans, you may want to go with

3809 PD MULTI OUTPUT PLUG SUPPLY

which sells for $8.95 on the website. Radio Shack also carries these for a little more.

-leon.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Leon,

I am actually going to have one fan on a current 12Vdc power supply in my hood. The transformer is for my 3 gal eclipse.

Ray

·
Registered
72 Posts
bamann345

sorry,i dont have any update,i didn't get to order anything,i try to get in contact by landline,but i couldn't get in contact with the robinsons,it was my fault

1 - 19 of 19 Posts