The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody interested ordering one or two or more with me? They sell it for cheap at $16 per seaslug + $22 shipping . I only want 1 and thought other might be interested also. I don't want to get too many as their only diet is Aiptasia and when all gone, they die out :(

so, you need to trade it with other with Aiptasia problem when your tank is out of Aiptasia. (That's my dream) :D

Please let me know ASAP.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i will take 3, sounds like a deal. they are 40 bucks at marine depot

alan

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alan,
I agree, these guys appears to have the best deal out of all the places I've researched so far. I am re-considering and now I think I need 2 or 3 myself. I have not received a lot of other request other than you and I, so if we don't hear any other taker by next few days(let's say Wednesday 4th), we place the order?

Thanks for the interest.

Regards,
Intekhab

·
Registered
98 Posts
they said to get one for every ten aptasia in the tank, then i would need a small bucket full. i figured that you need two to reproduce, three allows for one kicking the bucket.

wed works fo me, they said order turn was three days. need to make sure that they they dont ship on friday

alan

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
I saw something like that at Aquarium Showcase. In the little glass containers with the clown fish and the anemones. "But I am not sure.

Ray

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know what's going on, but I will investigate this farther today.

Here's the confirmation I got when I ordered

Thanks for your order at Berghia Breeders and Corals! This is an order
confirmation that you may want to keep for your records.

ORDER DATE/TIME:
6/5/2003 8:57:01 PM

YOUR ORDER ID:

YOUR ORDER ITEMS:
Breeder Berghia , 6 @ $16.00 (each). Plus $22.00 Shipping/Handling.

SHIPPING UPGRADE:
$0.00

TAX:
$0.00

ORDER TOTAL:
$118.00

CHARGED TO YOUR:
Visa

CONTACT US:
Berghia Breeders and Corals
17043 Parthenia St.
Northridge, California 91325
818-772-4397(phone)
818-885-8617(fax)
[email protected]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like its coming on Friday (tentatively).. Please let me know how you guys wan to handle it? :D

Hello.

You will receive your order tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. We'll send
your tracking number in a couple hours as soon as we ship your order..

Thank you for your order and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Berghia Breeders Team.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are here!!

They do look very tiny but moving around in the container...

SeaSlugs <[email protected]> wrote:
Subject: Your order has been shipped.
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:42:27 -0700
To:

Hello

You will receive your order tomorrow (thursday) afternoon via FedEx, your tracking number is 839366501552 , You can check your shipping status at www.fedex.com/us/.

IMPORTANT!!!!
You need to read and understand the following instructions to place berghias in your aquarium, we suggest to print this page.

When you receive your Berghias they will look small and white, they expel water during shipping, They will resume full size in 24-48 hours.

Don't drop Berghia in your tank (some fish can think it's food; they are not going to eat them but they can hurt them ). Float the container inside your tank for 15 minutes then open the small container and pour off about half the water, replace it with water from your aquarium and wait 5 minutes then place the small container up side down, between the glass and the live rock, or just place the container over the sand with the container mouth touching the rocks, let berghia go out by themselves. DON'T DROP THEM ON AIPTASIA : Berghia make their living by sneaking up on their prey.

Don't place them in front or beneath powerheads, they like a lot more subdued flow. Berghia could be sucked by power heads; you can place a piece of foam block in your powerheads water intake. If you have a surface overflow box in your system; your can place strips of foamblock in its slots otherwise berghia can get into your sump. We don't have this in our overflows but is good to let you know this just like a precautionary note. You can get this foamblock in any petstore it is used as a filter media for "aquaclears".

If you want to see your Berghia feding on Aiptasia, you can place them in a small container with some water from your tank, drop some aiptasia and 'Voila'. Be careful with the water temperature (between 70 and 80 is the best). If you want to keep them in the container (not recommended) you have to change the water daily (water from your tank only) and you must feed them at least twice a week.

If you place your 'nudis' in your tank, you will see them again maybe twice a month, all depends on how often you take time to look at your aquarium , they are nocturnal animals . Once the aiptasia are gone (a couple months) you can give them to any friend with aiptasia infestation, sell them or drop more aiptasia in your tank (just kidding).

THAT'S IT, SAY BYE BYE TO YOUR AIPTASIA!!

Please, report any Berghia problems immediately, losses must be reported the day of arrival to receive credit.

If you have any question drop us an e-mail or visit our website.

Thank you for your order.

Sincerely,

Berghia Breeders Team.
www.seaslugs.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.