The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a beautiful frag of pom pom xenia yesterday. today it doesnt seem to be doing that great. it is fully open but not pulsing at all, its colors are okay and doesn't seem to be melting. it is up high in the tank with medium flow and under stock BIOCUBE lighting. all my parameters are stable and ph is 8.2. do they take time to adapt or do they not pulse all the time? should i try moving it? everything else in the tank is doing great. it looked alot different at the store.

·
Registered
826 Posts
it might not want to be so high up but biocube lights arent that strong so it shouldnt be the light but it is a possibility.

·
Registered
492 Posts
pom poms take time to adjust before they start pulsing. keep an eye on it and if none of the hands begin pulsing in about a week try lowering it and maybe lower flow. mine is on the bottom of my tank in the sand in low flow and it pulses like crazy.

·
xenia reef
642 Posts
mine are at low flow and medium lighting... they are pulsing and seemingly happy.

i say move them to a calm place(regarding flow) and see what happens, or give them a day to see if the pulse. from what i have seen xenia take about 4-5 hours to open although they might not pulse for a while

1 - 4 of 4 Posts