The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Last night I noticed a few of my star polyp's weren't looking so hot. Instead of extending and looking full & luch they looked dard and withdrawn. I'm afraid they're not getting the correct nutrients. What do they eat? They're quite close to the 25w 6500k power compact light. Should I position them further down in the tank?

thank you

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bulbs are practically new and I have them sitting right under the HOB so they get lots of flow. I moved them slightly off to the side, hoping it was a flow issue. I'll follow up with the water parameters.

Thanks tims

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I have some yellow star polyps that are closing only in the center of the colony. They aren't dead....yet...but they look very bad in the middle. The polyps on the outside look okay but I'm concerned. Plenty of flow, water seems good - - going to check my RO unit tonight, I'm afraid maybe the canister(s) need replacing - - might not be taking out all the junk from the tap water like it should.

HHC

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
An update to my own post - - I found out why all my corals were shrinking and closing. My phosphate levels were off the chart because my RO/DI unit wasn't working......it's a good idea to check phosphate levels regularly! My two cents.

HHC

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Let me know - my phosphate levels really surprised me since I was using only RO/DI water, but then found my RO unit was faulty. Sheesh!

HHC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts