The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a polyp frag the other day (zoa? I think). It is not attached to anything and wherever I place it in the tank, it does not stay. I find it wherever the current happens to blow it, usually in some out of the way dark corner. What to do??:confused:

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
A dab of super glue gel on its butt then stick to a rock and hold there for 15 sec can work I have done it but its kinda tricky they are slimey.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
i have them floating all over my tank right now
if you get them to stick with glue let me know the brand, ive glued them before only to have them become unglued within 24 hours

i heard using a light netting wrapped around the rock and zoa is a better option but ive never tried it yet

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Use tweezers to hold the polyp and dab the bottom of the polyp with a clean towel to dry it off before you stick it into the gel (important step). Hold it for a little while and you should be set.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
do zoa's squirt ya in the eye and you go blind?

zapp glue is reg hardware store glue or special frag glue?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
superglue, krazyglue, zapp... anything that is cyanoacrylate based.

... but like Hoang said, make sure that you dry off the part you glue first.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
pastina said:
do zoa's squirt ya in the eye and you go blind?
The gas mask should provide ample protection, but yeah wash your hands afterwards since many zoas have palytoxins (sp?) which are some of the most toxic poisons known to man (or so I have heard).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts