The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a quick ? on what to do. I have 2 returns that one is being pushed by a mag12 and another a suurge 6000. I was curious as to how to point my returns. I have the return connected to the mag 12 split into 2 and have enductors on them but it still seems like its too much flow for my softies. The suurge also has an enductor but Im thinking of splitting that too. What would be the best placement of the returns to be pointed at? From the back of the tank to the center front? From one side to another? Ill see about taking pics of it later tonight when I get my camera back. Thanks again.

·
Registered
468 Posts
You can use "loc-line" adjustable hose and nozzles. In my 90 reefready, my return to the tank is T'd and then from there I used locline hose on both sides. One side has a locline "Y" that allows me to get more directional flow w/ having a whole other input. It looks more discrete than it sounds. I'll look for a pic.

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
You want to eliminate dead spots in your tank. Don't direct the returns so that they blow directly onto any corals. Bounce the flow of glass etc.. Just look for areas in your tank that detritus accumulates(dead spots) and try to direct the flow to eliminate them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts