The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I glued my zoas to a piece of rock, I think some of the flesh died. Now it appears that some pods are eating at the base of the zoas. Will they quit when the dead flesh is gone, or just keep going until nothing is left?

·
11,345 Posts
They should stop at live flesh............

Super glue gel is great stuff but when diealing with small stuff like zoos if you get any of it in their mouth or on a signifigant portion of their body it will kill them.........a drying agent or putting a tiny dab on a dry rock and letting it sit for 30 seconds or so works pretty well and allows you to use very little. Zoos are about the hardiest coral i can think of as far as being out of the water so you can use that to your advantage......

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I accidently went way overboard with the glue. It wasn't the gel, and when I pointed the tube down a ton of it came out. I'm not surprised a bit of the zoa died, I'm just hoping there's enough living flesh to keep it attached to the rock. The pods have eaten away about half of what was originally glued down.

·
11,345 Posts
oops...i hope it works out......gel is a must........but i think you figured that out already.......

FWIW, i dont think there is any of us who have glued lots of corals who havent killed a frag or two along the way with crazy glue....gel or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts