The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 1996 Posts

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It begins...

Well, the tank is home. Funny how what you think you remember when buying differs from what you pick up :doh: I thought the frame was wood or Plexiglas but nope, it's all glass. It's beautiful no doubt, but may wreak havoc with the CPR overflow idea :cry: May have to get her drilled...that'll add several days to the build out...not to mention the fretting over the process.

Unfortunately, or fortunate for income, I'll be on the road the next two weeks so only Saturday for any work on her. I'll be home the 3rd week so maybe some progress will be made then.

Of course, here's a picture...there's a piece of foam board under it that'll be removed

Attachments

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What lights are you planning to use. So excited to see your plan for this!
Well, I'm considering buying a second Maxspect Razor 420R but I am concerned with the area in the middle being not well covered because of the dead space at each end.

Still thinking on it.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Updates, but no pics :(

So after lengthy discussions and research I have decide to go with a coast-to-coast or Calflo style overflow and a Bean Animal stand pipe system. Progress on the tank will begin the later part of April 20th week, Thursday or Friday and I'll add some new pictures then.

For info see - http://www.beananimal.com/projects/silent-and-fail-safe-aquarium-overflow-system.aspx

Also, I'm gonna get the 47 inch Maxspect Razor light system. It should fit the tank perfectly. Which means my 21.5 inch Maxspect Razor will be going up for sale...hint, hint, wink, wink. As well, after the setup of the new tank and the transfer of it's inhabitants I'll have a Coralifr BC29 with 2 hoods, one with broken hinges but plenty of spare parts and 1 with fully populated LED banks, for sale.

So, mostly mental progress, but real work to come.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Keep it looking so clean! Love the tank and lighting choice!

Have you decided on a tentative stock list?

Well, of course the inhabitants from the 29BC will be moved over so I'll start with -
GSPs, Mushrooms, Kenya Tree, Toadstool, Birdsnest, Candy Canes, Green Slimer, and Hammer. Also the CUC will make the move - starfish, Emerald, snails and Banded Shrimp
Fish - 2 clowns, 6 line Wrasse and Royal Gramma

My wife likes the Green Chromis so maybe a school of them. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to ponder other tanks mates.

I'd love to have a Goby and Shrimp companionship.

Otherwise, open to suggestions.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,755 Posts
Nice thank, that Bean Animal system is great idea. Wiskey just did one and I have to say I think it better then a reef ready tank
I did, and I am so happy with the bean animal style overflow I can't even tell you. It is dead silent, so much quieter than any other overflow I have ever had, and no microbubbles in the sump. You made a great choice, I won't do a tank with any other type of overflow now.

Mine is not coast to coast, but I hear those are fantastic.

Great looking tank!!!

Whiskey

1 - 20 of 1996 Posts