The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, well i am planning on setting up a 56 gallon cube tank. I have a few questions on plumbing. how do i work this? lol i am going to do a 20 gallon sump( a simple design; with three baffles and a skimmer), in the center of the sump i want to put some LR. so on to the point, can some one help me do this!? all i need is an explaination on how to use the overflow box, and how to plumb this. also the skimmer i bought has a return pump, and i had recently aquired a phosban reactor from a friend so please incorporate this into the design help THANKS!!!!!!!!

p.s.
i want to use flexible transparent tubing. Or should i just use PVC

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!:D OH and sorry if this is confusing, im just nervous bout having a plumbing catastrophe and coming home to a recently bought home that is flooded with 56 gallons of water.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also any pics of someones plumbing on a 56 would help me alot.. Visuals help alot with me...LOL

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Is the tank drilled? If its not and its empty I would drill it. I can post a picture of my 75 gallon sump for referance if you like.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tank is not drilled. But i do not know anything bout drillin glass and i am just scared of shaterring a 300 dollar aquarium. what bout an overflow?

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
You can have t drilled for about 20 bucks at a glass shop.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Marine Depot sells flexible PVC that you can use regular PVC fittings and glue. Works very nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts