The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started getting these shortly after an order from GARF of about 100 snails of various types. According to GARF, they are snail eggs (I am getting the spiral/curley-q egg laying too) and I have nothing to worry about.

OK...so I assume they are just that. They are extremely small, about the diameter of a Number 2 pencil lead (not the whole pencil, just the lead) and they do not move (as far as I can tell anyway).

One thing though, they are showing up on things I wouldn't expect snails to travel on. For example, my clams have them on the sides of the shell...

I couldn't get a picture of them on the front glass as my wife just cleaned it last night. But I did notice that they look like they have a yellow "yoke" when light is shined through them.

Anyway, as I have never seen flatworms in person, I have no way of knowing if these are them or not. Any input would be appreciated...

Dave

P.S. Excuse the poor picture quality. I just got a Nikon CoolPix 5700 and I am an extreme novice at taking macro photos....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've never seen these eggs before...My Cerith Burrowing snails lay a trail of zig zag up and down and kinda braided like egg pile on the glass every so often but not individual pods like the ones in the photo. Do you have Abalone's? Anyway not much of a help to you...sorry btw- Photo is not bad at all

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any abalone, urchins or the like....Someone at RC said they might be Nerite Snail eggs....funny though...I never see any baby snails....

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Dunno if this helps or not but way back when all my LR was new I had a TON of "slugs"(not sure exactly what they were). I noticed these kinds of eggs all over the tank after I saw the slugs doing a lot of reproducing. Actually was pretty cool to watch....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts