The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems we have recently aquired a pest of some kind...can you help to ID it? So far they have stripped an acro frag and two fairly large frags of a cream stylo we have. Most of them came off of the stylo frags. The pics are lousy but the things are so small it is hard to take a shot of em.

They have a body that is about .2 mm long. It has a clear or creamy parimeter with a tan or reddish stripe down the middle. They don't look like any of the pics of LRB I find on the web. Can you help?????

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here are a couple of close up shots.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I treat???? They are in a 40 breeder. Most things still look great. Do I remove the things that look good? Do I treat each frag or do I treat the whole tank?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told that you could not see AEFW with the naked eye. Also, they do not look like the pics of AEFW I have found. here is a pic i found on Foster and Smith....these do not look like this.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well once I figure out a) what they are & b) how to treat, I will definatley start to dip EVERY coral b4 they enter the tank.(no matter what the source)! Looks like maybe I am headed to Fleet Farm for some Levamisol tonight. It seems like a start anyway.

If anyone has suggestions on treatment for this unknown critter....let me know!!!!!!!! (please, LOL)

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Try a iodine dip on a coral or two and see if it kills them. Available by Seachem at OD

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yup new pics look better. Sure doesn't look like AEFW. I think I need a xenia tank, never seems to be a problem with that stuff.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
hink said:
Yup new pics look better. Sure doesn't look like AEFW. I think I need a xenia tank, never seems to be a problem with that stuff.
How tempting that has been latelly.:)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
hink said:
i was thinking of doing an aiptasia tank.....

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
I would suggest getting a coris or 6line wrasse, they love to eat random little critters in your tank.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts