The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blue damsel that has developed 2 grey patches symetrically on each side. it also looks like his fins are rotting. last night and today he has hidden away and has not really moved.

I have 3 crabs, 2 snails and 2 peppermint shrimp that all seem fine although i dont really know how to tell if a crab or snail is stressed lol.

I have
0 ammonia ppm (maybe .25 as i find it hard to tell being a newbie)
0 ppm nitrite
never more than 40 ppm nitrate and changing water regularly
ph was 8 adjusted it to 8.2 today
temp is 26.1 celcius
salinity 1.025

Any ideas what is up? i think he will die but dont want to add anything else to suffer the same fate. uploaded a couple of pics but not sure if they will show on here as im a noob!!

Any help will be appreciated!!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
How old is the fish and how long has the tank been set up? Sounds like a bacterial infection. Fin rot is a sign of a bacterial infection and you should look into treatment for the fish/tank.

There are several routes you can take to help cure the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tank has only been set up 2 months and the fish was only bought less than a week ago and is my first fish. i have uploaded them just dont see how to make them visible to you?? do they need to be approved first or something?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its from the tail to half way up his body he has lost all colour his front half and acttual tail are still blue strage how its symetrical on both sides and happened rather quickly.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Fish was probably sick when you got it. Might sound ad, but it might be best to flush it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts