The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, took a trip to the LFS today and picked up what I was told is a 'Flower Anemone'...
Unfortunately, there's several different species that are called Flower Anemones, so I need a little help getting a positive ID on this critter. I mainly want to know so that I can keep it happy and healthy with proper lighting, food, etc.
From what I could gather in searching, this species is the 'missing link' between true anemones and corallimorphs (thanks TDWyatt), but I just want to make sure that I'm on the right track and didn't misidentify (is that a word?) it.
Anyway, here's the picture (taken with my ultra-luxurious HP Photosmart 612 camera, so of course it's a bit blurry ;) ).
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Looks to be a carpet to me but Im sure there are more anem smart ppl on here than I am hehehhe

Jeff

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply Jeff... glad to hear about your situation (in the other thread). Really good days don't come that often... enjoy it while you can. :)
I guess I should mention that the anemone is only about the size of a silver dollar... the picture makes it look larger than it really is.
For reference, the small purple polka-dotted mushroom behind it is about the size of a nickel.
Thanks for taking a stab at it though, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Thanks for the kind words

Could be just a young carpet hhehhehe

Jeff

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a bit more research, and every flower anemone I found didn't look anything like the anemone I bought... the more I look at it the more I think you may be right stang...
Not bad for $14 and change... :)
I wish all LFS employees were that clueless... I could get some real discounts. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts