·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.hellolights.com/clear55wblu7.html

alright, these bulbs are 9 bucks

BUT what the heck does "same color as $24 7100k bulbs on this site"

isn't this a 7100k BLUE bulb anyways?

do you think it means to say "same color as $24 actinic03 bulbs on this site"????????

I want to order a pair of these to offset my 6500k iwasaki, but I wanna know what they're talking about first

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Looks like it's a Japanese pin bulb, and they normally stock German pin bulbs.

Good deal if you have square pin fixtures. (CSL fixtures have square pins for the most part.)

Jenn

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the reason I'm asking is because I jsut picked up a 2x55w fixture for 40 bucks with the intent that these bulbs would work, then I did a little more reading and thought I made a terrible mistake

so you're saying they'll be fine?

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Yeah they are fine if your fixture takes bulbs with a Japanese or square pin configuration. If your fixture takes a German or straight pin configuration, they will not fit. As far as the actual blubs/wattage etc. go, they are the same - it's just the socket that is different.

I'm not sure what the advantage of one over the other is - I know that Custom Sealife (a popular brand) makes both styles of bulb, and they both perform equally well as far as I can tell. I think Coralife makes both styles as well.

Jenn

·
Administrator
47,617 Posts
FWIW the Kelvin ratings assigned to "Actinic" bulbs are for the most part a marketing ploy. The K rating and PAR is much different than daylight bulbs and Lux or Lumen meters wont tell the whole story, its all about the spectrum(ie wavelength)

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
come on Doug, don't just tease them... :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts