The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CntntEdtr for Aquarist.Me
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my RO/DI setup so it collects in a reservoir and that has a pump that run it to my tank. There is a pressure sensor that cuts power to the pump when the float valve closes off the flow into the tank. This is my auto-topoff. Im thinking that (after I discover from the supplier if the pump can handle saltwater) I can split the line going to the tank so that by closing off the line from the freshwater and opening the line from a saltwater reservoir, I can just scoop out the water I want changed and it should fill back up automatically.:idea: Then when the pump stops I can just close the saltwater line and open the freshwater line again... :idea: In the future I could look at getting something that can open and close those lines within a set time, with a pump set to remove water for a set amount of time. This would then automatically change water for me as long as the reservoirs remain full.

Anybody have any input? Either general comments/suggestions or more specifically Id like to know if anyone knows what I could use to open and close the valves on the lines... I would prefer (as long as it can handle it) to use a single pump to do the whole job.:thumbup:

·
CntntEdtr for Aquarist.Me
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Watch the video:

I identify as much as I can in the tank, also describe the once a week maintenance that I do as well as the daily water change. Shows my ATO and RO/DI setup

Our tank at night:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts